Our Customer in the telecom business is looking for a Data Governance Manager to join the Data Governance & Compliance team based in Brussels.
As a Data Governance Manager, you will drive the deployment of data governance to provide speed and scale in unlocking the value of data. You work in an agile environment to enable our data workers finding, understanding and trusting the data that they need.
What you will do
• You have the end-to-end responsibility for the delivery of data self-services constituting governance (e.g. glossary, data inventory, metadata management...), their effectiveness & efficiency in delivering the objective, their adoption in the business and IT teams and for the end-user satisfaction of our data workers.
• You drive the definition of data governance processes required to support your service and ensure that they meet the governance principles defined for the group
• You collect the needs of data, IT & business teams in your area, translate them into epics, features & stories, prioritize them against value potential and drive their implementation up to their deployment and adoption to maximize the business benefits and governance impact
• You manage your own data governance services as a product manager and own the "product backlog" for upcoming improvements.
• You monitor the effectiveness & efficiency of your services in meeting the business benefits & governance objectives of re-use, standardization & compliance. You propose solutions to problems encountered.
• You guide and coach others in the field of governance and create the necessary support material for the data workers so that they can use your services in a self-service manner.
• You are responsible for the adoption of the data governance tool and measure it on a regular basis
• You work closely with the business, IT & DWH teams to develop governance standards with security and legal constraints
• You are the link between the Data Governance & Compliance team and the data workers.
• You hold a master's degree in IT, Engineering, Business Engineering or equivalent
• You have 1 to 3+ years of working experience in a Data Governance, BI/IT Analyst, Data Quality and/or Product Management role
• You enjoy working in a dynamic and Agile environment; familiarity with an Agile project methodology is a plus (Scrum, Kanban, …)
• You are a problem solver and generally proactive towards delivering innovative solutions always keeping customer’s interests in mind
• You have good interpersonal & communication skills and can adapt your communication style to the audience – including addressing governance topics with general audiences
• You are a strong team player and enjoy working with people of different technical/business backgrounds
• You thrive in complex and evolving environments and are pragmatic in reaching your objectives
• You are fluent in English (written and spoken), French or Dutch is a plus
We gebruiken cookies om je een betere bezoekerservaring te bieden. Klik op akkoord om alle cookies te accepteren of ga naar cookieinstellingen om je voorkeuren te beheren.
Onze website houdt drie niveaus van cookies bij. Je kan zelf je voorkeuren op elk moment aanpassen. Meer informatie over wat cookies zijn en welke cookies we verzamelen kan je lezen in ons cookiebeleid.
zijn noodzakelijke cookies die ervoor zorgen dat de website goed functioneert en dat je voorkeuren (bv. taal, regio) goed worden opgeslagen.
laten ons toe om het gebruik van de website te analyseren en de bezoekerservaring te verbeteren.
hebben als doel je ervaring te personaliseren en je relevante inhoud en aanbiedingen te sturen op deze en andere websites.