|Function type:||Freelance - Vast||Location:||Luxemburg|
By joining us and our client, you will be part of a team of creative people designing and developing key digital features of space systems and experimenting innovative solutions for ground segments.
The development environment is cloud native and Software as a Service oriented. They work in an agile way, with an entrepreneur’s mindset, and foster excellence in user experience.
As Software Engineer, your first project will be developing software components embedded in the Satellite Ground Segment for controlling next generation satellites in orbit. Your team will provide a data stack, an API gateway, and some user interfaces to plan and control the usage of the satellite resources. You will be the technical actor for the delivery of development components, while contributing to their automation. These components are designed to be included in the solution as common assets. The success of the project will rely on the capacity of the team to collaborate with other teams, to gather information from all specialties (System Engineering, Data, UI/UX, etc…). From legacy assets, you will co-design and implement all the functions required to plan satellite resources allocation.
Your main missions will be:
• Within a growing development team, contribute to the realization and the packaging of Ground Segment components that control satellites in orbit
• In collaboration with the Tech Lead, analyze nonfunctional requirements, and automate steps up to obtaining seamless delivery pipelines, ensuring non-regression, performance, robustness, and reliability
• Take full ownership of the implementation of this solution, up to its deployment on QA environment
• Support the team in charge of the solution integration on test bench and in-situ
• Stay up to date with innovative technologies, practices, and tools
• Upskill the members of your team by sharing solutions and best practices, and stay up to date with project progress
• Contribute to growth, learning organization culture, and continuous improvement.
The main requirements for this position are:
• University Degree in Computer Science or any related field, or equivalent knowledge in the field
• At least 3 years’ work experience in development and maintenance of applications and systems.
• Deep understanding of software development, from software architecture to clean code and craftmanship
• Previous experience in working in Agile Software Development Projects
• Strong experience in Java / Spring boot development in a microservices infrastructure
• Experience in software devopment or system integration using APIs and tools or specifications like OpenAPI, Swagger
• Experience in using or integrating test frameworks like Junit, Cucumber or any other equivalent
• Development skills with attention to acute design, detailed implementation and committed delivery deadlines in a high-paced environment
• Display team spirit and collaboration mindset, ease in integration into a multi-cultural co-creative environment
• Highly proficient in English, any other language will be considered an advantage.
The following skills are considered an advantage:
• Experience in scripting languanges like Bash / Python or any other equivalent
• Experience in using Infrastructure-as-Code tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or any other equivalent
• Experience in using or integrating Monitoring and Logging tools like ELK, Graphana, Prometheus, Dynatrace or any other equivalent
• Experience in Azure Cloud Provider
are essential cookies that ensure that the website functions properly and that your preferences (e.g. language, region) are saved.
allow us to analyse website use and to improve the visitor's experience.
allow us to personalise your experience and to send you relevant content and offers, on this website and other websites.